CoderDojo Belgium (www.coderdojobelgium.be) is a non-profit movement that organizes free coding workshops (called Dojo’s) in Belgium for kids aged 7 to 18 years. Dojo's are fully set-up and organized by volunteers. The organization was established in 2013 and is currently active in 100 locations in Belgium. Every month over 500 volunteers commit to mentor more than 2000 kids.
As a Project Coordinator Social Inclusion you are responsible for the CoderDojo4All project that aims to improve access to our CoderDojo clubs for underprivileged youth in Belgium. The goal is to make free coding clubs and digital skills even better accessible to everyone, increasing inclusion and diversity in our CoderDojo community.
Measures will be based on achievement of the project proposal. A work location will be foreseen at Telenet Office, Liersesteenweg 4, Mechelen, but you will be on the road just as much. This is a part time function.
You develop the CoderDojo4All project according to the project proposal and strategy that has already been determined. You make sure the implementation of the project is in line with the project proposal, both regarding budget and content. You manage the project team (2 team members) in order to realize the project’s goals and help them set priorities.
Within the framework of the project proposal you take initiative and come up with ideas and actions how to best implement the project in order to achieve maximal results.
You are responsible for the day-to-day administration and operational overhead related to this project. This includes reporting to the Belgian government, preparing coordination meetings, invoicing, logistics,…
You establish partnerships between existing CoderDojo’s and at least 12 non-profit organisations that focus on underprivileged youth.
You host minimally 4 pop-up CoderDojo events with organisations that focus on digital activities for children from challenged backgrounds.
You help kick-start at least 5 new CoderDojo’s together in a commune or city with a large target audience.
You organize 2 CoderDojo bootcamps together with partner organisations that focus on underprivileged youth.
You gather best practices for attracting underprivileged children to already existing Dojo’s.
You embed CoderDojo priorities and values and translate them in all activities.
· You are drawn to the vision of the CoderDojo4All project and you share the
· You like change & flexibility and you have a hands-on & can do mentality.
· You have excellent networking skills and are great at connecting people.
· You have experience with project management, management of timings & budgets
and priority setting.
· You are quickly up to speed with an already determined high-level strategy and
know how to translate strategic goals in concrete actions.
· You are driven by results and actions and organize your efforts efficiently to achieve
· You are very accurate and can provide flawless documents for subsidy reporting.
· You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
· This is a parttime function (2,5 days).